Welcome to Tom in de buurt
Tom in the neighbourhood (Tom in de buurt) is for all the residents of the municipalities of Alphen aan den Rijn, Kaag en Braassem and Nieuwkoop. Multiple organisations work together through Tom in the neighbourhood, to respond to your needs and talents.
How does Tom in de buurt work?
With Tom, it’s all about you. We think along with you, give information and advice, and provide you with a roadmap of all the local organisations and activities. Together with you – and the people around you – we’ll look for fitting solutions, whether you need help with Wmo support, volunteer work or receiving the right resources. So that you can increase your resilience and be more self-sufficient.
What can Tom help you with?
A few examples:
- Information and advice in case of requests for help and questions about local organisations and activities.
- Requesting a wheelchair, home adjustments, transportation, household help, etc.
- Support for caregivers.
- Support for people with a (mental) vulnerability or disability.
- Social work; psychosocial support, aid in case of relationship problems and grief processing.
- Daily programme at a meeting centre (e.g. in case of dementia) and care farms.
Where can you find Tom?
We are nearby. You can contact us via this website, via chat, or over the phone, but you can also visit a location in your area. Whether you have a simple question or a difficult problem, you are always welcome!
You can call us on: 0031 88 900 4567